Excellent mentorship & training provided
1. Our “mentor to student” ratio is one of the best in the nation (1 mentor per 2-3 students).
2. Students are supervised at all times. Additionally, students take part in hands-on workshops dedicated to arm them with practical clinical skills.
3. IHG prides in being able to provide mentors that are licensed in the U.S. as well as in the host countries. U.S. medical/dental providers travel with students throughout the entire experience – providing mentorship beyond the session dates.
4. Upon request, our mentors are happy to provide students with letters of recommendation as well as general career counseling long after the completion of the session.
5. IHG also employs medical & dental providers who are licensed in the host countries in order to ensure a continuation of care for the patients we see during our mobile clinics.
Students develop interpersonal and leadership skills
6. Each session requires students to take charge in leading the clinic, thus promoting positive interaction and the skills necessary to delegate responsibility.
7. Students brainstorm and coordinate a large-scale social event which further enables them to develop leadership qualities.
8. IHG does not restrict your arrival/departure days and times as we believe it is important for us to remain flexible. Our flexibility ensures our volunteers have the ability to book flights that are the most compatible with their schedules and budget.
9. IHG coordinators stay with volunteers at all times and remain available 24/7
10. IHG discloses the full itinerary prior to departure so your friends and family are always kept in the loop.
11. IHG offers multiple ways to cut your costs by awarding scholarships, referral discounts, and more. IHG alumni are welcomed back at a discounted rate.
12. Students are able to request an interest-free payment arrangement as well as request one of the payments be due at the completion of the session!
13. Participants may arrive the day before the program start date. Lodging and ground transport are provided at no additional cost for the night prior to the program start date!
All inclusive - No hidden fees!
14. Recreational activities are already included in the program fees. Activities vary depending on the location and season; however, the following is a list of some examples: Sand Boarding/Sand Dune Buggying, camping, kayaking, zip-lining, rafting, cruising, bike tours, and much more.
"Traveling to Peru was an experience that will always be in my heart and mind. Through making lasting friendships, practicing medical applications in underserved populations, and experiencing a new culture, I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to take part in such an amazing program. My favorite part about the trip was having the chance to see the smiles on the faces of the people we offered our help and support to. I would be so fortunate to travel with IHG...in the future." ~ (K. J., UCD 2013)
"My experience with iHelp Globally was truly one to remember. Of course, being 19 years old, traveling to another country not knowing a single other person on the trip definitely made me feel anxious; however, the second I was picked up from the airport, I was greeted by two amazing people. Their warm smiles and friendliness were only a small peek at what was to come through the week.
It seemed as though as soon as I set foot in Peru, I was welcomed everywhere with open arms... whether it was my fellow peers, or the nurses and doctors on the trip with us. When clinic day came, even the patients were so appreciative. There's no greater feeling than smiling at the patient as they look into your eyes with hope...hope that you will be their hero and help them live a longer life...and that's what being a doctor is all about," (K.S., De Anza College, 2013).
“I signed up to go to Peru with the hopes to give back to the underserved, but to my surprise, received so much more in return. The hospitality, the friendships, and the warm smiles of everyone I met on my trip refreshed my faith in humanity. I did not think that eight days would make as great of an impact on my life as it did. I feel very blessed and grateful to have gone abroad for my first medical mission with IHG and V4P. The people of Lima will forever hold a special place in my heart.” ~ (F.F., UCD, 2013)
"Applying for iHelp Globally was one of the most spontaneous things I have ever done; however, it also turned out to be one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. The night I arrived and met my peers, I immediately felt excited to work alongside them. Everyone exuded so much enthusiasm and passion to help, that it fueled me to work harder than I ever had before. Admittedly I was scared at first due my lack of ability to speak Spanish, but the warm smiles of the adults and the joking demeanor of the kids as they shouted “Chinito”, or Chinese boy, at me, reassured me that they were grateful for any and all help they could receive from us. Seeing how appreciative some of the kids were when they had such little possessions truly taught me not to take things for granted in my life. This medical mission trip was one of the most surreal experiences of my life and for that, I am sincerely grateful." ~ (Derek Lin, UCD, 2013)
"The trip I took to Peru with iHelp Globally was the best experience of my life. Every experience on the trip was both a memorable life experience and a useful educational one. Everyone on the trip ranging from the students to the providers to the group leaders were so friendly and helpful and I had so much fun talking and spending time with all of them. I would not hesitate to sign up for this trip again!" (V.C., UCD, 2013)
"There is simply only one word in the English dictionary that can describe my experience in Peru: Humbling. It was an honor to touch the lives of so many underserved communities Whether it be taking their vitals or simply asking how their day was, I felt a sense of appreciation, warmth, and gratefulness from all of the people in Lima, Peru. These eight days that I spent in Peru were filled with unforgettable memories, unbreakable friendships, and lastly, fun. I would personally like to thank the iHelp Globally Team for their hospitality and wisdom throughout these eight days. Without iHelp Globally, I would have not been able to experience such a life changing mission with the greatest possible team assembled. Again, I feel blessed to have been able to provide medical care to the Peruvian community. This eight day journey has definitely opened up my eyes to the world around me, and has driven me even harder to reach my goal as a future physician." ~ (Kenny Nguyen, UCD 2013)
"I never thought I would go to Peru. And yet it has been the number one experience to convince me of why I want to go into the medical field. The people touched my heart and made me realize how happy I am serving these communities, how happy I am taking a blood pressure, checking children's temperatures, guiding patients and their children through the clinic, learning about the doctors' diagnosis and prescription, and how happy I can help others to be. I cannot imagine not continuing to serve in other countries or underserved communities," (J.K., UCD, 2013).