Excellent mentorship & training provided
1. Our “mentor to student” ratio is one of the best in the nation (1 mentor per 2-3 students).
2. Students are supervised at all times. Additionally, students take part in hands-on workshops dedicated to arm them with practical clinical skills.
3. IHG prides in being able to provide mentors that are licensed in the U.S. as well as in the host countries. U.S. medical/dental providers travel with students throughout the entire experience – providing mentorship beyond the session dates.
4. Upon request, our mentors are happy to provide students with letters of recommendation as well as general career counseling long after the completion of the session.
5. IHG also employs medical & dental providers who are licensed in the host countries in order to ensure a continuation of care for the patients we see during our mobile clinics.
Students develop interpersonal and leadership skills
6. Each session requires students to take charge in leading the clinic, thus promoting positive interaction and the skills necessary to delegate responsibility.
7. Students brainstorm and coordinate a large-scale social event which further enables them to develop leadership qualities.
8. IHG does not restrict your arrival/departure days and times as we believe it is important for us to remain flexible. Our flexibility ensures our volunteers have the ability to book flights that are the most compatible with their schedules and budget.
9. IHG coordinators stay with volunteers at all times and remain available 24/7
10. IHG discloses the full itinerary prior to departure so your friends and family are always kept in the loop.
11. IHG offers multiple ways to cut your costs by awarding scholarships, referral discounts, and more. IHG alumni are welcomed back at a discounted rate.
12. Students are able to request an interest-free payment arrangement as well as request one of the payments be due at the completion of the session!
13. Participants may arrive the day before the program start date. Lodging and ground transport are provided at no additional cost for the night prior to the program start date!
All inclusive - No hidden fees!
14. Recreational activities are already included in the program fees. Activities vary depending on the location and season; however, the following is a list of some examples: Sand Boarding/Sand Dune Buggying, camping, kayaking, zip-lining, rafting, cruising, bike tours, and much more.